RHok4Peace – Hacking for Humanity
PeaceGeeks is a global, non-profit, volunteer organization that builds the technological, communications and management capacities of grassroots organizations working on the promotion of peace, accountability and human rights. They help connect skilled volunteers to these organizations so they can gain access to relevant technology, tools and training.
PeaceGeeks is hosting its 1st hackathon of 2015 and its 2nd ever Random Hacks of Kindness to help some incredible organizations that are working on peace and human rights issues around the world.
- Nakuru Gender-Based Violence Network in Kenya, that is helping to raise awareness about violence against women to local health authorities.
- Community Empowerment for Progress Organization in South Sudan, that is looking at how to leverage social media to challenge the escalation of violence in South Sudan.
- Aid Watch Palestine which aims to made aid to Palestine more transparent and accountable to Palestinians.
- Help the teams at PeaceGeeks resdesign their websites or at Random Hacks of Kindness to migrate their content to a new site.
- Help us to leverage social media to monitor the Nigerian Presidential Elections (Friday night/ Saturday).
If you are a:
- web & mobile developers
- front-end web developers & themers
- graphic & communications designers
- marketing & communications expert
- social media guru
- international affairs geek
Then, join us on April 11 & 12 at The Hive Vancouver for the 2nd Vancouver Random Hacks of Kindness.
Click here for more about out projects,
Sponsored by Axiom Zen, Affinity Bridge, The Hive and Nature’s Path